Download our Application Form (Word Format)
If you would like to be considered for employment at Care for Veterans, please download and complete both the application form and workplace diversity form. In addition, please read the guidance notes below.
Once your application form is complete, please email it to email@example.com or you can post it to us at
Care for Veterans, Gifford House, Boundary Road, Worthing, BN11 4LJ
Completing our application form
Care for Veterans is one of the UK’s leading lights in Neurological Rehabilitation. Competition for jobs is therefore high. To make it easier for us to determine if you’re the right person for us, you can take a few simple steps to help us understand your qualifications and experience.
- You can submit your application form by post or email. If submitting by email please test that your attachments open properly before sending them to us. Please submit all documents in English.
- Please complete all fields on the application form using black type. If completing by hand, take an objective view of your handwriting – will we be able to read it? Have you written your telephone number and email address correctly?
- Write a covering letter explaining why you are interested in working for us and how you suit our role and our organisation.
If you use acronyms, spell them out once unless they are well known in healthcare.
- Your application form should accurately reflect your academic achievements and any
accomplishments that support your application.
- Your application should include the full name of all education institutions attended, degrees conferred, the level of qualification you have achieved e.g. NVQ level 2/3 in Health and Social Care, and the grade you have achieved e.g. BA Hons English 2:1
- Unless you are a school leaver we tend to focus on your college/university level education. If you have studied abroad, please include this in your application.
Where applicable include a brief description of any projects you completed during your education that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.
- Be sure to include any awards received, articles published, conference presentations given, or professional organizations you are involved in. We don’t need to see copies of awards or publications, just a reference to them.
Your work experience
You may be fresh out of college/university or have substantial work experience and a history of accomplishments. Either way, we want to know what skills you’ve acquired along the way. We’ll look closely at the work experience section of your resume, so the information you provide here is very important.
- Provide your job title, employer name and dates of employment ensuring that you explain all gaps in your employment history.
- For nursing, healthcare assistant and therapy roles, please tell us about the kind of clients/service users you have worked with, the kind of nursing environments you have worked in, and provide details of any rehabilitation or specialist programmes you have been involved in.
- If applying for a non-clinical role we want to see concise (ie. bulleted), important details on your key accomplishments and achievements.
- If you worked while attending a college/university be sure to mention this even if it isn’t specifically related to a potential job with us.
Customize your application by highlighting the skills that are relevant to the position or the kind of Hospital we are. If we can see that you have put time, effort and thought into your application, the more attractive it will be to us.
Tell us what makes you unique! Here at Care for Veterans, we value empathy, patience, honesty, team spirit and a passion for helping others to help themselves. Formal qualifications are important to us, but more important is the personal contribution that you will make to our team and our residents, so be sure to highlight the personal qualities you possess that will help your application stand out from the rest.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our work, Disclosure and Barring Service checks are required.